Sunday, March 20, 2011

Puppies, see you later!

We decided to give up our dogs for adoption.  It was a very hard decision,  but it was made for the dogs.  Lizzie and Drake went to a great home in Champlin with a family that is taking GREAT care of them.  We recently got a message from their new mom.  I thought I would share that (and some photos of them) so everyone can see how great of a family they went to.

This was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do. Not a day goes by that we don't think about them. 




"They are wonderful. Drake and my daughter are best of friends she has taught him some funny tricks he's very smart and in June we are starting therapy dog training with him. We will be attending classes together twice a week for about 6 months. He has a great personality for this. Then we can go to nursing homes together. Lizzie she's such a princess, she has my husband and I wrapped around her paw. We love playing catch and she carries her orange ball everywhere, I did get her new balls but she loves the orange one the best. I can't wait to get home to them everyday. You did such a nice job training them and socializing them. I know you miss them and it was very hard for you to give them up. I assure you they are very well cared for and are getting tons of attention. You know you are not a bad person for rehoming your dogs, you are brave and it shows your love and compassion for Lizzie and Drake. You made sure they were going to a good place. I am a financial planner and I work with people in difficult situations especially with this economic down turn, they have to make decisions that at the time they don't want to make, but making that choice makes your future better. For what ever reason you gave these two up, it's because you knew it's what needed to be done at this time in your life. Things will get better for you and your family and I hope you are able to get another dog when the time is right. You are caring and loving and these dogs so wonderfully adjusted because of you. I bet you are an amazing mother to your child and I hope you enjoy every moment trust me it goes so fast. Take care."

Thank you Evers Family!!

And to you, Lizzie & Drake...  this is NOT goodbye, it's a see you later!  We love you and miss you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment