Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our family is growing by two feet.

Yes, I have always believe that saying is cheesy, but it fits in this situation.   If you haven't read the other blog posts from earlier this month, you can read it here now. 
 
We're pregnant!!    Cooper is going to be a big brother!
 
Last Friday (April 18), we finally made the announcement.   You know, Facebook official.  :)

 
Thanks to my Aunt Kim for her quick and amazing talents with photo shop.  
 
On Thursday, April 17, I went to the doctor for my 12 week check up.  I was extremely nervous.  I hadn't had any bleeding yet, or any pain, but just wanted to make sure evrything was okay.  
The nurses took my weight, blood pressure, pulse, etc.   Then I waited for the doctor.   After talking with him for about 5 minutes he said, "Let's go for our scan."   I was confused.   I asked what he meant.  He said it's easier to see the heartbeat than to hear it.   So they were going to do an ultrasound.   They sure do things different than St. Cloud Hospital! 
The second I saw that little jumping bean, you should have taken my blood pressure.  It had to have dropped so quickly.  I was relieved!  Our baby was just fine, moving around like CRAZY.   He took the heart rate, and it measured at 160bpm.   Pure perfection.  I wish I would have known they were going to do an ultrasound, then I would have had Brad come with me as well.   Oh well.  He'll be there at the 20 week one.  
 
 
When people find out that you're expecting, you get three typical questions... How are you feeling? Are you going to find out what you're having? and What names do you have picked out?
 
So, to answer these questions for those of you who haven't been able to ask yet... I feel pretty good.  I had morning sickness for the first 8 weeks.  I never actually threw up, but just had that horrible nauseus feeling most of the day.  I am just tired all day long.
No, we're not going to find out what we're having. I know that's strange these days, but we want the surprise.
As for names, I have names that I love but we haven't been able to come to an agreement about other names.   For a girl, we had Tenley Grace picked out for Cooper if he were a girl.  But this time around, we like Alena (A-lee-na) Grace for a girl.  It will be a mixture of Arlene and Viola, both of my grandmother's that have passed away.  For a boy, we are still struggling with that one.  Feel free to offer up any suggestions!!  These names are as of today, who knows what we will be feeling when the baby actually arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment